Eating disorders are an addictive behavior and,
like other addictions, are symptomatic of deeper emotional and sometimes
physical needs, as well as genetics and cultural pressures. Eating disorders
manifest in several ways: compulsive overeating, bulemia, anorexia, laxative
abuse, or any combination of these.
In addition to general addiction-recovery, clients learn:
- How your body works and how eating disorder behaviors affect it.
- How to set healthy, realistic goals for your body image, "ideal" weight and eating habits.
- The role of genetic and physiological factors.
- Living with the Tiger; learning to eat three times a day without falling into old destructive patterns.
- How to manage destructive behaviors in a world filled with food.
- Dealing with family and friends.